Sunday, July 20, 2008

Love Notes For My Loved Ones

I thought this would be a fun first post. For those of you who don't know me very well, my family is super important to me. So, playing around with stamps and sharing my new hobby with the people I care most about is easy math ;)
Well, I have two adorable nieces, one is 6 the other is 12. So I made up a mini card project for them. (It seems to be easier to have something pre-made for kids because they can easily get too excited about all the stamps and then they have inked 14 images on a 3x3 piece of card stock, hehe.)
I started off simple, the base card stock was from SU!, they were the Love Notes. The paper I mounted the stamped image card stock came from a card making set I found in the bargain bin at Borders. (It was a box with lots of paper, stencils, scissors, templates and a book - for $2.99!) Then we used various SU! stamp sets (I will have to look up the names later, sorry!) The butterfly one has a gem brad I bought at Michael's, and I also used Crystal Effects on the butterfly. They had alot of fun, and surprisingly, my mom (who is a really hard worker, she doesn't really sit still very often) also joined us. She had a great time. I liked it because everyone liked having something to look at, but they all still branched out and made it their own with little variations here and there. It was a great time, and I look forward to coming up with something for the next time they are all in town. :)

No comments: