Friday, July 25, 2008

My First Card Swap

I recently joined the Split Coast Stampers online community and discovered "swaps". Basically, you make 5 identical cards and swap with a group of 5 other people (or whatever number, can be 10+) that have made their own set of cards. That way you get 5 new ideas from people of all sorts of different crafting backgrounds. I was a little nervous, but I found a swap group for newbies. So this is my first attempt with a swap and here is what I came up with:

This swap was for full cards (4 1/4 x 5 1/2). The cards could be for any occasion with at least 1 stamp, 2 layers of good quality card stock, and at least one embellishment.

- I chose to use a great retired SU! set I found on ebay. There are a couple of really cute stamps in the set, so I am pretty happy with it.
- I also chose to use the Groovy Guava for the base. I had to get rid of it, because it is my least favorite color of the current "in colors". It actually doesn't look too bad with the things I paired it with, but I'd still never want it.
- I colored in the sweater with Rose Red ink and then put some Crystal Effects to give it that puffy look (which you can't see in the pic). I love very tactile effects.

And here is the final result! I kind of like it for my first swap, and it's a nice to be in a swap group with other people who are just learning like me, so I am thinking we might not be judged so harshly. I mean, I like my swap, but until I see someone else's I have no idea if it is crap or not. Hopefully it's in the "not". ;p

In this card:
Card stock - Groovy Guava (base), Summer Picnic DSP and White
Stamps - SU! Fashion Statements (retired)
Other - Very Vanilla Ribbon


No comments: